Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Rainy Day Recess


Huge thunder & intense flickering lightning woke me at 5am!  It's been hard consistent rain, cracking sounds of trees falling & no power for 10 hours since!  15 streets are blocked in my neighborhood alone from trees uprooting & falling across them, power lines entangled.  See full size image

It's rainy day recess at the grammar school so I ventured out into the storm to relieve teachers in their classrooms (with a hidden agenda to plug in my laptop).  It was invigorating to dodge fallen tree parts & rushing rivers that engulfed my town's small, dirt rutted roads; I had to re-route 3 times on woodsy side streets.  I was one of the only drivers out & about - I know because I stopped at a 4 way intersection to take a photo of the mess in 3 directions & no one drove by me for minutes.  

At the school, kids begged to go out in the rain, they wanted to feel the feeling of cold rain & blustery wind!  They compared it to poprocks on their faces!!!  It's funny how as we grow up, we become cautious & practical!  

Back at my cold, dark house, it turned out to be a good day to organize all my tax paperwork & I had to eat the ice cream before it melted in my powerless freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment