Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Road Trip Gems!

Gas stations make me smile.  While the gas is pumping I get to check out the latest gum flavors!  Today I spotted a new Trident...Orange Swirl - creamsicle!!!  Quickly opening it in line I grinned widely -  even the cashier felt my excitetment of trying something new!  Then I started my 3 hour road trip.  For awhile I chewed it slowly, then I played games: how many chews could I do in 1 mile? or in 1 minute?  I made a flat patty with my tongue onto the roof of my mouth, I rolled it into a thin snake, then stretched it over my front 6 teeth.  And it was as good as I'd have hoped - it lasted 2.5 hours & was still really soft.

On the way back home, I stopped again, strategically in a different city.  Different cities & different gas stations have different brands.  THIS station had ANOTHER new gum!  Stride "Mega Mystery" in a tie-dyed package.  It tasted like fruit stripes (no mystery THERE for a gum connaisseur) but sugar FREE (better for the teeth - alrighty!)  It didn't last as long as my Orange Swirl, but it satisfied my goal of finding a new gum at every gas station on my road trips.   Then I grabbed 2 new pieces & chewed both together & THAT was great!  The orange was soft, the mystery one was firm & together it was perfect! 



No comments:

Post a Comment