Monday, May 31, 2010

Red Rock Bash

What a perfect day, visiting Las Vegas, to drive out to Red Rock Canyon near Lake Mead.

After hiking for an hour, I lost my footing on a rock & my leg came to a serious halt on a pinnacle of sandstone.  My shin was slashed down to the muscle.  A deep little 2 inch slit that would make us turn back.

No summit, but a blood-dripping hike back down & an new adventure in applying liquid rubber bandage to seal the "larger than recommended" gap with accompanying butterfly stitches, all for sale at the nearest Rite Aid.

2 comments:

  1. You look HAWT in that rock climbing pic girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you had beautiful scenery--hope you didn't deface any of the rocks with your blood! (Just Kidding!) I cannot believe you!!! We're going to be seing you on that Discovery Channel show "I Shouldn't Be Alive!" :)

    ReplyDelete