Monday, May 10, 2010

Grocery Items

After an hour 'strength training workout' in my living room, (while watching my favorite shows "Modern Family" & then "Minute to Win it") I headed out for some fresh groceries.  As I loaded the conveyor belt to the cashier, I smiled at my selections!  http://pinchmysalt.files.wordpress.com/2006/10/beets.jpgRaw beets, cucumbers, carrots, sweet potatoes, organic mixed greens, peppers, tomatoes, fresh strawberries, whole grain bread, oven roasted turkey, skim milk, free range eggs....& 2 tubs of chocolate peanut butter swirl ice cream on sale: 2 for $5, plus 2 tubs of Cool Whip for mixing with my low fat cottage cheese & strawberries...yummy!  Boy do I know good health AND good SUGAR!http://www.haagen-dazs.com/img_db/pro/pro_dci_101.jpg

For lunch I baked the raw beet - wrapped in foil for 50 minutes at 400 degrees & it was delicious!  It tasted like corn with a firm potato consistency.  I liked it much more than I thought & I didn't need to wear lipstick after it dyed my lips pink!

The ice cream I saved for after dinner (Amy's Fire Roasted AmysSouthwestern Vegetable soup was delicious & spicy.)  Ribbons of peanut butter in the chocolate ice cream felt heavenly in my mouth - definitely worth the wait!

2 comments:

  1. Hi chica;-)
    thanks for the comment! and as you read...i'm working w/ a nutritionist for ~6 wks, and she has this soup along w/Amy's Lentil & lentil vegetable on my list;0

    and I will SOOOO think of you and sar this wknd on my swim. i need your energy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love beets too! Especially steamed so they are still a little firm. I don't know why Americans don't use it more!

    ReplyDelete