Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dieting

Dieting was the topic on the Today Show this morning.  The Cookie Diet, currently popular, spurred me to go get an apple fritter at Starbucks.  I liked the diet strategy of "portion size" & Starbucks' "Nutrition by the Plate" brochure confirmed my doughnut was NOT even the worst food there.   WHO KNEW that a zucchini & walnut muffin (vegetable & nut) had more calories & fat than my fritter!  This was great news!  Also worse was banana bread, every type of scone & all egg sandwiches.   For years I assumed a blueberry scone or vegetable muffin were healthier than a doughnut...THANK you Starbucks for relieving my restriction of doughnuts.

I love sugar no doubt, but I know I can't perform solely on it.  That whole day I ate on the run - the fritter then a candy bar for lunch & pizza for dinner.  BUT the next day I pulled a 180: 2 fried eggs for breakfast, salad for lunch & fish/veggis & potatoes for dinner.   I savor the days of orgasms in my mouth (fritters, cheesecakes, mixed drinks) as well as the bland calorie reducing days so my body never gets used to anything.  I couldn't have one without the other.  Embracing my busy life (accepting I'll eat un-nutritiously for a day or 2 & knowing I'll flip back to health) has made me mentally comfortable.

And I actually work out harder & better when I've eaten poorly, so junk food fuels my fire!

1 comment:

  1. oh I KNOW i work out harder if I've had more sugar in the form of sugar coffees, vino, or dessert!;-)

    ReplyDelete