Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Perfect Day.

What a great day!  I photographed an 80 year old lady.  Her son wanted a portrait of her in their long time home, by the window in an old fashion chair.  I couldn’t help day dreaming when my son might do the same.  Seeing her smile into the camera brought forth emotions and warm fuzzy feelings; I envisioned her as a loving mom, going through all the motions we've all done raising children. The cycle of life.

Post “hypnotic-photo-shoot” came successful errand running to the bank, Home Depot, Costco, gas station...then to SWIM!  I know my lap times & hit the 5:00 open session.  As the sun set around me, I finished my 2 mile workout. 

Last stop on the way home was the grocery store.  I was hungry & my lane-sharing-swimmer had just informed me that sugar and salt were indeed good for joints.  That being true (until I researched it more) I opened a bag of Buffalo Blue chipsKettle Chips Buffalo Bleu & feasted on some salty goodness of Kettle Chips.  Then hitting the produce isle, I munched on some fresh blueberries and finally a beautiful cupcake from the Bakery!  I had my appetizers and dessert, so protein and salad would balance out my evening meal when I got home.  I love grazing through the grocery store.  I consider it my duty to amuse the checkout employees and baggers, who laugh at the 3 things I’ve opened and consumed.  Hey, laugh at me or with me, just laugh.

Working, swimming, feeling strong, enjoying great salty and sweet, editing photos, writing, ahhhh, the perfect day.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there!

    kudos to you for swimming. I'm just finding so much resistance to it, post Vineman. I think b/c I'm just not that strong in the pool. eh..okay, i'll stop complaining. now i'm hungry. gonna go eat some chips;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how WAS vineman? were you proud? happy? i am so proud of & inspired by you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unquestionably consider that which you said. Your favorite justification appeared to be at the
    internet the simplest factor to be aware of.
    I say to you, I definitely get annoyed at the same time
    as other folks think about worries that they just do not recognize
    about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest and also outlined out the entire thing without having side effect ,
    folks could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more.
    Thank you

    my homepage ... skiing holiday

    ReplyDelete